Ready to take the next big step in your social work career? Ready to start working towards your LCSW? Look no further. I offer LCSW Clinical Supervisor. As a social worker, I have worked in various and numerous different arenas:
- Child Protective Services as a conservatorship worker and supervisor
- Case Manager in Medical Social Work- employed in several hospitals (Parkland, Baylor Scott and White, Texas Health
- Resources in the DFW, UT Southwestern, Medical City, and Kaiser Permanente in Portland, Oregon.
- Irving ISD as the district social worker for the teenage pregnancy program/foster care liaison
- Completed clinical hours as a prn clinical therapist for Texas Health Resources where I worked in inpatient and outpatient.
- Worked as Mobile Behavioral Health Crisis at Texas Health Resources
- Program Director of Adolescent Residential Treatment Center with Discovery Behavioral Health
So, what exactly is clinical social work?
Clinical social work–A specialty within the practice of master social work that requires applying social work theory, knowledge, methods, ethics, and the professional use of self to restore or enhance social, psychosocial, or bio-psychosocial functioning of individuals, couples, families, groups, and/or persons who are adversely affected by social or psychosocial stress or health impairment. Clinical social work practice involves using specialized clinical knowledge and advanced clinical skills to assess, diagnose, and treat mental, emotional, and behavioral disorders, conditions, and addictions, including severe mental illness and serious emotional disturbances in adults, adolescents and children. Treatment methods may include but are not limited to, providing individual, marital, couple, family, and group psychotherapy. Clinical social workers are qualified and authorized to use the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM), the International Classification of Diseases (ICD), Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) codes, and other diagnostic classification systems in assessment, diagnosis, and other practice activities. The practice of clinical social work is restricted to either a Licensed Clinical Social Worker or a Licensed Master Social Worker under clinical supervision in employment or under a clinical supervision plan.
What is required to get attain your LCSW?
- 3000 work hours (any social work hours can be counted towards this as long as the supervisee has at least 4 hours/week in a clinical setting)
- 100 supervision hours (this is where I come in)
- Passing of the ASWB LCSW exam
- Time frame: Minimum of 2 years and maximum of 4 years
…..And wala… you’re an LCSW?
If interested, shoot me your resume to [email protected] and review the LCSW Supervision Contract (click on the link below to access)